Howard Hanna Property Management
Rental Terms and Conditions
Reservations and Deposits
All beach homes are rented from Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday, depending upon the property. Receipt of your signed lodging agreement and deposit of 50% of the base rent amount secure your week. The balance of your stay will be due 30 days prior to your check-in date. Acceptable forms of payment include personal check, money order, certified funds, and Visa or MasterCard. If your check-in date is within 30 days of making your reservation, we require payment in full with certified funds, MasterCard or Visa.
All reservations require a payment to hold chosen dates.?
Reservation prices do not include any expenses or items not mentioned, including, but not limited to, transportation, linens, tips for personal services, meals, insurance, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
Taxes and Fees
There is a 14% VA sales tax charged on the base rent and a $2.00/day city lodging fee. Additionally, there is a $300 refundable damage deposit, which will be returned to you within 45 days of your stay, if there are no damages, and a cleaning fee, which varies according to property. Your reservation will reflect the cleaning fee due for your particular property. Payments
Payments can be made by:
Visa or Mastercard
Mail check or money order payments directly to:
Howard Hanna Property Management
800 Newtown Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
It is agreed that the premises will be used by Guest solely as a private dwelling for the use of Guest, his/her family and guests and not for what is known as a “group rental” or “party house”. Premises are limited to occupancy by no more than the number of persons listed in “Occupancy Limit” on page 1 of this agreement. Occupancy in excess thereof shall constitute cause for termination of this agreement at the option of the Owner or his/her Agent without refund of monies paid.
Guest hereby assumes all risk of damage to any and all personal property of Landlord and Guest, including, but not limited to, household furniture and goods during such use and occupancy.
Owner and Owner’s Agent are not responsible for Guest’s enjoyment of the premises with regard to poor weather conditions not limited to storms, hurricanes, and swimming conditions. Further are not guaranteed and refunds cannot be given.
The Guest assumes any and all risks associated with the foregoing and agrees to hold Landlord harmless from and indemnify Landlord against the same.
It is agreed that the premises shall be used only for residential purposes and for no other purpose whatsoever. No animals may be brought onto the premises. Guests in the possession, use and occupancy of the premises, agree to observe and comply with all restrictions, laws and ordinances affecting the premises or occupancy thereof.
Guest further agrees that no use shall be made of the premises, or acts done which will increase the existing rate of insurance upon the premises, or will cause a cancelation of any insurance policy covering the premises. Smoking is not permitted in any residence. A $250 fee may be charged for ionization, if smoking in the property is detected.
Check-in time is 3:00 pm and is strictly enforced. A lockbox or keypad will be on the property and the agent will provide you the code and location of the lockbox on the day of check-in. Check-Out
Check out time is 10:00 am and strictly enforced. Please remove all food items from the Premises, put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run the cycle. Place all trash in the outdoor trash receptacles and return all keys to the lockbox on the property. Keys not returned to the lockbox are subject to a $25 fine if not returned within 72 hours of checkout. Equipment and Services
All properties are privately owned and furnished according to each owner’s preference. All of our homes are equipped with appliances, furniture, cooking utensils, dishes, cutlery, glassware, cable TV, WiFi, air conditioning, pillows, bedspreads, mattress pads, and charcoal or gas grills. Linens, towels, paper products, cleaning supplies, and other toiletries are not provided. We make every effort to keep all appliances in good working order, but at times failures happen. No appliances or HVAC are guaranteed. We make every effort to repair equipment as soon as possible; however, there are no refunds for equipment failure.
If you must cancel a reservation, please notify our office immediately. In the event there is a cancellation, no lodging fees paid to Howard Hanna will be refunded unless a replacement reservation is procured. If re-rented, the rent deposit will be refunded less a $100.00 service charge.
Holiday reservations are non-refundable. Damages
Please report all incidents and damages if and when they occur. All homes are inspected after your departure and subject to return of your damage deposit. Pets
Absolutely no pets are allowed in the home or on the premises at any time. Personal Property Left Behind
Howard Hanna William E. Wood is not responsible for any personal property left in the unit after check out. In the event we are able to recover a lost and found item, it may be returned to the Guest via COD mail payable by the Guest.
Marianne Linen Rental is a local company that rents and delivers everything from sheets and towels to beach equipment and baby cribs. Their website is www.beachlinen.com and their phone number is 757-288-9048.
1. It is agreed that the premises will be used by Guest solely as a private dwelling for the use of Guest, his/her family and guests and not for what is known as a “group rental” or “party house”. Premises are limited to occupancy by no more than the number of persons listed in “Occupancy Limit” on page 1 of this agreement. Occupancy in excess thereof shall constitute cause for termination of this agreement at the option of the Owner or his/her Agent without refund of monies paid.
2. It is agreed that Agent or Owner or their employees (for the purpose of clean-up and repair) may enter the premises at 10:00 A.M. on the date this agreement terminates Guest agrees to surrender possession of the property at the this time, peaceably and without delay, in as good condition as it was at the commencement of this agreement, reasonable wear and tear, acts of God and /or other causes over which the Guest has no control excepted.
3. If Guest defaults for 24 hours in any of the scheduled payments or gives Agent a check, draft or money order for any payment which is not immediately collectable, Owner and/or Owner’s Agent may without suit, court order or notice to tenant, re-enter and take possession of the premises. Upon re-entry under any of the above occurrences, Guest shall forfeit as liquidated damages any payment made prior thereto. Guest shall also be liable for such other damages as may be collectable by law.
Guest agrees that this lease may not be assigned without the written consent of the Owner.
4. Guest acknowledges that he/she has personally inspected the property and accepts it in an “as is “ condition or if he has not inspected the premises, he/she waives the right to withhold rent for any deficiency in the premises or to otherwise claim that the property has been misrepresented to him either by the Owner or Agent. Property reserved sight unseen is represented by this Agency as realistically as possible with regard to space, physical condition and comparisons. Both Guest and Owner and Owner’s Agent agree that to be the best of their knowledge and belief the premises comply with the statutes, rules and regulations of governmental authorities.
5. If during the term of this Lease, the building is so damaged by fire or other casualty, without fault or negligence of the Guest, that it is rendered wholly unfit for occupancy and cannot be repaired within six days, then this Lease shall terminate as of the date of such injury and the Guest shall pay the rent apportioned to the time of the injury. The Owner, Owner’s Agent, and/or Employees may enter and repair and this lease shall not be affected except that the lodging fee shall be suspended during repairs.
6. Guest will pay all telephone toll charges incurred during the term of this Agreement.
7. Guest agrees that the premises are in good, sound and reliable condition and that if he/she is not personally acquainted with the condition of the premises that he/she will immediately make an inspection thereof to determine any weaknesses that may result in injury to him/her, his/her family or guests and that he/she will indemnify and hold harmless Agent and/or the Owner for any injuries, accidental or otherwise, that may be incurred or suffered upon the premises for any cause whatsoever during the term of this Agreement.
8. If, in the Agent’s sole discretion the Guest becomes objectionable to the neighbors of the property, the Guest agrees to remove himself/herself and his/her affects from the premises at the request of the Agent. If Guest fails to vacate the premises upon Agent’s request, then Guest agrees to be liable for all damages for the holding over in violation of this provision of the Agreement without regard to the issue of whether or not Agent made the request for removal for good cause. In such event, Agent will re-sell the premises, if possible, and refund that portion of the lodging paid which makes total lodging received equal to the original total, plus the commission to the Agent for re-selling, plus costs of repairs, cleaning and if necessary due to conduct. If premises are not re-sold by Agent, there will be no refund to Guest of rents paid. Owner agrees that Agent shall be not be liable for any damages caused by Guest.
9. Owner and Owner’s Agent are not responsible for Guest’s enjoyment of the premises with regard to poor weather conditions not limited to storms, hurricanes, and swimming conditions. Further are not guaranteed and refunds cannot be given.
10. Appliances and air conditioners are not guaranteed and refunds cannot be given for failure or breakdown. Repairs will be made as quickly as possible.
11. NO ANIMALS OF ANY KIND shall be kept or harbored anywhere on the property. If this covenant is violated, it shall be grounds for immediate removal of Guest and invitees. Any lodging and deposits paid to date of removal will be forfeited as liquidated damages for breach of this contract and Guest will be responsible for any damages as a result of the animal.
12. NO SMOKING ALLOWED in the property, or on the porches, decks and balconies of the property. If this covenant is violated, it shall be grounds for immediate removal of Guest. Any lodging fees and deposits paid to date of removal will be forfeited as liquidated damages for breach of this contract and Guest will be responsible for any damages as a result of smoking on the premises. A $250 fee may be charged for ionization, if smoking in the property is detected.
13. It is mutually agreed that Howard Hanna is acting as Agent only and has no liability to either party for the performance of any term or covenant of this agreement and has no liability to the Guest or to anyone else if for some unknown reason it should later be determined that the premises do not meet with requirements of governmental authorities.
14. TENANT MUST FURNISH LINENS, BLANKETS, TOWELS, SOAP, PAPER PRODUCTS AND CLEANING MATERIAL FOR USE DURING AND AT TERMINATION OF OCCUPANCY. Marianne Linen Rental is a local company that rents and delivers everything from sheets and towels to beach equipment and baby cribs. Their website is www.beachlinen.com and their phone number is 757-288-9048.
15. THE DAMAGE DEPOSIT shall be returned by mail within forty-five (45) days of Guest’s departure. Full refund is mailed if premises are left orderly and undamaged.